As a member of the digital product team you’ll be responsible for our flagship product www.stylist.co.uk alongside Stylist’s other brands and products. You’ll contribute heavily towards the front-end codebase and will have plenty of opportunities to advise and collaborate with other parts of the team.
As an in-house product team we benefit from the freedom to find potential areas of opportunity, explore possible deliverables, and then build and release them. This is an unusual opportunity to be part of a team at a large publishing company and to lead innovation from within the team.
The day to day of your role will be creating performant, accessible and user-friendly web interfaces in React, contributing to and improving our underlying tech-stack and advising on internal processes and workflows to help the team deliver great work. You’ll be working directly on the website, regularly releasing features, iterating on them, testing and measuring their effectiveness in collaboration with other members of the team.
The key priorities for our team are working with the editorial team to increase our audience size and improve engagement and supporting the commercial team to create engaging and immersive experiences for our branded content.
There are some key skills that we value for this role that will provide a useful and relevant grounding for up-skilling and contributing across the rest of our stack. Ultimately we want you to help us create brilliant digital experiences and support the interesting and necessary content we create for our audience.
- You can write semantic and contextually relevant markup, having an interest in applying these best practices for the purpose of accessibility, performance and SEO
- You have experience writing CSS in a maintainable and compositional way, with a good eye for utilising common patterns and a desire to work on high-level design-systems
- You have a keen eye for design and enjoy working closely with designers, having experience with cross-discipline collaboration and delivering products in a team
The following attributes aren’t a necessity for this role but are aligned with our tech stack and working process as a team:
- You have worked with a CSS in JS library in the past such as Styled Components or Emotion
- You have experience with CI and CD, having written unit tests or integration tests in the past
- You’ve previously worked on a design system or an automated style-guide, understanding the benefits of communication and documentation for building blocks of a more complex whole
What we offer
- The opportunity to work at the UK’s leading feminist magazine
- Flexible working hours and occasional remote working
- A team training budget to attend conferences and courses relevant to our work, future opportunities within tech or digital publishing in general
- Contributory pension
- Health and Dental cash plan
- Access to private medical scheme
- Discounted rates for gym membership
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Deadline for applications: Friday 28 June 2019
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.